It just hit me that time really flies by so FAST....
Just 3 years ago, Ian was a 2-mth old baby.... and now, he is a little grown-up.... Has his own mind, his own character.... he is no longer a little baby anymore..... and he no longer look babyish anymore.... Since he gone to school, he has even grown up more....... He can put on his own shoes, choose what clothes he wanna wear..... He even speaks more now....... and sometimes, I can't help but be impressed (but annoyed) by the things that he can do.........
Lingustically, he is kinda advanced.... he can read many, many words.... even those that we did not teach him.... Think he sort of guess the words from the way the alphabets sounds...... He reads all the titles of my story books (and most of the time, he managed to read it correctly) and then say this is mummy's book..... But he still needs to learn to speak more as he doesn't like speaking that much..... he tends to speak in short sentences and expect us to understand him......
Mathematically, I do hope he is good.... so far, he understands the concept of addition and he can do it by himself..... have yet to teach him subtraction as it is kinda tough to show how to take away things...... but I have managed to teach him multiplication....*LOL*..... it was by accident.... we were playing this computer game where they count in 2s and somehow, he grasps the concept so well that he can count in 2s after playing the game a couple of time, so I decided to up the stake and started to teach him to count in multiples.... to-date, he has learnt counting in multiples up to 14.... kinda CUTE to see him saying.... 14, 28, 42, 56, 70, 84, 98, 112, 126, 140..... *LOL*.....
We are going to see his teacher in a teacher-parent session tomorrow.... Our every 1st such session.... kinda exciting but also a wake-up call that Ian is growing up so fast.... wonder if I will look back to this posting in a couple of years and think that 3 years old is young age..... :-)
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're right; time flies. As for Ian's ability, I'm not surprised. I think he's a little genius - but that's my unbiased opinion. ;)
Post a Comment